Plastic Surgeon John Zimmermann, MD
Dr. John P. Zimmermann is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced in comprehensive array of surgical and non-surgical cosmetic enhancement treatments. As the founder and medical director of the Aesthetic Surgery Center of Napa Valley, Dr. Zimmermann’s top priorities are offering patients the safest, most effective procedures to help them realize their goals with results that look natural and beautiful.
Please take a look at this brief overview of Dr. Zimmermann’s biography, and contact us today with any questions you may have.
Meet Dr. Zimmermann
An extensively trained and experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. John Zimmermann has devoted his career to helping people renew and rejuvenate their appearance. After earning his medical degree and completing service in the military as a flight surgeon, Dr. Zimmermann obtained advanced plastic and reconstructive surgery training at the prestigious Stanford University Medical Center, and opened his own practice not long thereafter. In addition to his work here at the Aesthetic Surgery Center of Napa Valley, Dr. Zimmermann is also a Clinical Assistant Professor with the Division of Plastic Surgery at Stanford University School of Medicine.
The following can give you an idea of Dr. Zimmermann’s credentials:
American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1981
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons (Board of Directors, 1993-1996)
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Honor Medical Society
- Liposuction Society (Charter Member)
- Napa County Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- American Society of Office Based Surgery
- Zedplast (Stanford University School of Medicine Plastic Surgery Alumni Association)
- Chief Residency, 1978-79, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals, 1976-79
- General Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals, 1971, 1974-76
Head and Neck Surgery, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, New York, 1977
Straight Surgical Internship, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, California 1970-71
Medical College of Wisconsin (previously Marquette School of Medicine), Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Doctor of Medicine, Honors graduate, 1966-70.
Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Bachelor of Science – Biology and Chemistry, Graduated with honors, 1963-66.
U.S. Air Force Flight Surgeon: Azores, Portugal; Dover, Delaware; San Antonio, Texas, November 1971-December 1973
Dr. Zimmermann is skilled and experienced with an array of advanced treatments, including:
- Breast Augmentation and Enhancement
- Facelift Surgery abd Facial Rejuvenation
- Abdominoplasty and Body Contouring
- Skin Renewal
Whether you are looking to add volume to the breasts, eliminate excess fat pockets, or reduce signs of age or skin damage, Dr. Zimmermann can help you attain your goals with natural-looking results.
“When I was in medical school, I attended a lecture that ended with the opportunity to watch plastic surgeons repair a child’s cleft lip and palate. I was deeply inspired by this experience. I not only saw what plastic surgery can achieve, but I also felt a preview of the personal satisfaction I might enjoy by helping to change someone’s life. That experience stayed with me through my residency at Stanford, where I would take my first of what would be 35 trips with Interplast, an organization that provides free reconstructive surgery for indigent children in third-world, underdeveloped countries. What struck me at first was the similarity between this reconstructive work and my aesthetic work. The different techniques used can be applied to each surgical practice; both enhance people’s lives, giving the great satisfaction I had hoped for as a beginning medical student.”
– Dr. John P. Zimmermann, M.D.
A Global Educator
- Dr. Zimmermann recently completed a very busy seven-day surgical stint through Singapore, Malaysia, and South Korea. Dr. Zimmermann was invited to lecture and demonstrate new, state of the art, relatively non-invasive, surgical techniques in facial plastic surgery to various clinical congresses sponsored by several Asian Societies of Plastic Surgery.
- Dr Zimmermann performed twenty surgical procedures and conducted four lectures on the new facial surgery techniques to over 300 surgeons throughout Asia.
- Dr. Zimmermann was interviewed by several radio stations, along with print media such as Shape magazine (Asia), and Cosmetic Surgery, and Beauty magazine during his visit. Invitations have already been extended to return to South Korea and Malaysia to speak at their Plastic Surgery National Meetings.
- Dr. Zimmermann has also fielded requests from the Philippines and Thailand to teach the procedure in those countries as well.
- INTERPLAST, Inc., Mountain View, California
President and Chairman of the Board, 1991-95
- Board of Directors, 1983-2005 :
Mission: providing free reconstructive surgery to indigent populations around the world.
- Brazil – 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Dominican Republic – 1989, 1990
- Fiji, Tonga – 1985, 1986
- Honduras – 1976, 1978, 1980
- Jamaica – 1986, 1987, 1998
- Philippines – 1981, 1982
- Mexico – 1974, 1976
- Papua, New Guinea – 1984, 1986
- Peru – 1988
- Thailand – 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
- West Samoa – 1979
- Queen of the Valley Hospital, Napa, California
- Stanford University Hospital, Stanford, California
- Frederick Finseth, M.D., John P. Zimmermann, M.D. and Donald Liggins, F.R.A.C.S., “Prevention of Muscle Necrosis in an Experimental Neurovascular Island Flap by a Vasodilator Drug -Isoxsupine”, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, Volume 63, Number 6, Pages 774-780, June 1979.
- Frederick Finseth, M.D., John P. Zimmermann, M.D., “Prevention of Necrosis in Island Myocutaneous Flaps in the Pig by Treatment with Isoxsupine”, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, Volume 64, Number 4, Pages 536-539, October 1979.
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting
May, 2007 – San Francisco, CA
- The Latest in Mini-Lifts (Moderator)
- What’s New in Fillers/Injectables/Fat Transfer (Panelist)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting
April 2007 New York, NY
- New Facial Rejuvenation Technique and Tools
- California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting
May, 2005 – Sonoma, CA
- Periorbital and Midface Rejuvenation
May, 2006 – Las Vegas, NV
- Periorbital and Midface Rejuvenation – The Midface Lift
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting
September, 2005 – Chicago, IL
- “Face and Brow Rejuvenation”
- October, 2006 – San Francisco, CA
- “New Techniques in Facial Aesthetic Surgery”
- Stanford University Medical Center
March, 2006 – Palo Alto, CA
- Director and Panelist: Symposium on “Breast Augmentation: What We Do and Why We Do It”
- Multiple Journal Clubs/Resident Lectures
Contact the Aesthetic Surgery Center of Napa Valley
If you would like to learn more about Dr. Zimmermann, or if you would like to schedule a consultation here at our practice to talk about your goals, please contact the Aesthetic Surgery Center of Napa Valley.